A few days ago I received this heartfelt thank-you note from a little girls mother that had been hospitalized. I was touched that she took the time to pass this note on to me and say how much they cherish the blanket. This little note makes every single crochet stitch in every blanket, more than worth it. ❤
Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture. ~Kak Sri
This No-Sew Blanket is an easy way to make a blanket for Project Linus or any charity organization you may be involved with. My husband and I had only one argument when we made this “Flower Power Blanket” . Here is a very simple video that shows how easy it is to make a No- Sew Blanket. 43×55
Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband of 27 years, who helps me sort out my yarn and drop off blankets! An easy fun cake to make with children for any celebration. ❤
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe!
- – 1 box of twelve Ice Cream Sandwiches (or two boxes for a large cake)
- – 1 tub of Whipping Cream
- – Magic Shell Caramel
- – Magic Shell Chocolate
- Optional: Oreo Cookies (crumbled into pieces)
- Optional: Candy bars (diced into pieces) Snickers, Hersheys, Twix, Reeses, Optional: M&M’s, Nestle Crunch, etc…
- Optional: Nuts
- Unwrap all the ice cream sandwiches
- Lay the first layer of three down
- Drizzle chocolate, caramel and any other toppings you want. This will harden and act as a glue to hold this cake together.
- Lay the second layer of three ice cream sandwiches
- Drizzle chocolate, caramel and any other toppings again.
- Lay the last layer of three and then frost the outside of the cake with whip cream topping.
- Top the cake with more drizzled chocolate, caramel and any other toppings you want on it.
I call this the “Kaleidoscope of Happiness” blanket, hoping to bring happiness and comfort to a small child. I made this blanket using a Solid Granny Square Pattern for the first time . A very easy pattern that works up nicely, just crochet like you would a regular square, but just kept going to a desired size. I also used the picot stitch for the edging, that was also new to me. 43×43